Manal Oliver & Associates Job Postings
Job Postings Tax Preparer / Manager / Accountant (Miami Beach)
compensation: To be determined based on experience
employment type: full-time
Growing Accounting firm located in Miami Beach is looking for a CPA / Tax preparer to join our practice.
We are an established firm that has experienced continuous growth. We serve mostly the local small to medium businesses, and individuals. We maintain a personal relationship with each client, and strive to separate ourselves from “the corporate feel”, as both an employer and a service provider.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, and exempt organizations, including the most complex situation.
- Develops and models an understanding of firm philosophy, values and tax opinions.
- Analyzes IRS notices, drafts responses, reviews IRS notice responses prepared by other tax personnel & represents clients before the IRS.
- Responsible for establishing engagement letters and all related tax compliance.
- International Tax experience and knowledge.
- Approves all returns with the exception of those dealing with specialized issues that require the expertise of a partner.
- Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
- Acts as a resource for tax staff, senior tax accountants, tax supervisors and partners (i.e. staff development).
- Performs complex tax research, prepares research memorandum, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Prepares tax planning and estimates and becomes involved in planning for more complex clients, direct and coordinate tax planning for less complex client situations as well.
- Performs month end accounting and financial reporting.
A Senior Tax Accountant and/or Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for closely-held small accounting practice. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and practice development for someone interested in developing a tax practice with an accounting firm.
Compensation and benefits are negotiable and customized based on your experience.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- BA in Accounting (mandatory)
- MA Taxation or LLM in Tax
- 10 + years on extensive tax-relation and accounting experience
- Proficient with ProSeries , QuickBooks, Paperless Office and Microsoft Office Suite